Thursday, November 21, 2013

Posting 43 Days of "Blog Love": Day 3 ~ "The Edventure Project" ~



So many traveling friends...  If you haven't been following along already, we are on "Day 3" of 43 days of  sharing some "blog love!"  Thus far you have met the Vogel's, aka "Family on Bikes" who have traveled far and wide (globally included) on bicycles!  Yesterday you met "Boyink4Adventure" who have lived their adventure in a fifth-wheel, over the past two years or so, and visited nearly 40 of the 50 states!

Today I introduce you to the Miller's, who began traveling as The Edventure Project in 2008 and since that time have been traveling around the United States, and the world, via "planes, trains and automobiles!"  (Well actually I know that a really cool van -- aka Mama Bus -- was in that mix, but I'll leave that for you to read about later.)

Photo from Edventure Project

Over the years 'mom' Jennifer and I have connected here and there online, but this is one more family that I definitely look forward to crossing paths with, and spending time 'live and in-person!'.  What drew my attention to Jennifer and family today was a post today on their blog titled "5 Things longterm travel is NOT."

Great post, Jennifer!  I really like that you pointed out that all in all choosing a nomadic, or location independent, lifestyle is just that -- a choice!  It's not better, it's not worse, it's just a choice.  I hope that you all will take time to read Jennifer's latest post and take time to share your thoughts about it with her.  (She's really cool!  Just sayin'!)

Photo from Edventure Project

Speaking of "Cool!"  As I was taking a gander at her blog this morning I took time to read a page titled:  "Who Are The Coolest People You Know?"  Now THAT is a MUST READ Page!  (You can add Jennifer's parents to the list of people I want to meet!)  Oh darn!  I gave away the answer to the question!  Well, at least if you ask Jennifer.  After reading about them I concur:  Yes! Very, VERY Cool Indeed!! 

While Jennifer is busy traveling the world, seeing sites, raising kids, writing blogs... she also does freelance writing.  I enjoyed finding a collection of some of the Articles that Jennifer has written for others, listed on their blog -- with links!  I'm noting it for some additional reading that perhaps many of you may find very valuable. And in case you were wondering about their 'take' on Education as they travel... I think you'll enjoy your own adventure in perusing their selection of resources, pics, blog posts, lists, essays etc.


So, there ya go!!  One more friend with another 'awesome blog'!  I've only scratched the surface on what treasures you'll find when you explore "The Edventure Project." You'll also find intros, and a couple of other blogs, by each family member.  So please do leave us a comment and tell us your thoughts thus far on our "43 Days of Blog Love."  Be sure to leave some "Love" for the Edventure Project and let them know your thoughts on their adventures!  And... be sure to tell them that the "Nomadic Jesters" sent ya!

Until tomorrow...  Enjoy the journey...

--c--


4 comments:

  1. I am thinking this is the same family I've seen through a travel website I write for, "Travel With Kids?" (Kids.stradun.net). Such inspiring stories! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenni for your comment! Glad that you enjoyed our post! I wouldn't be surprised if The Edventure Project has been featured on "Travel With Kids" -- if not, they should be! ;)

      Thanks for letting us know about the site... always enjoy building community and sharing 'blog love'! We hope that you'll enjoy following our blog now and then... from now until the end of the year we will be sharing blogs by others, many of which 'Travel w/Kids!' ;)

      --c--

      Delete
  2. So much to learn from Jennifer and crew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting!! Hope you come back often and 'meet' some more of our nomadic friends... ;)

    --c--

    ReplyDelete