Sunday, November 24, 2013

Posting 43 Days of "Blog Love": Day 6 ~ "A Kilt and A Camera " ~



As with many of my contacts nowadays, a lot of people that I "meet" are online. Awhile back I was introduced to Peg Nichols Peter. She is another traveling nomadic person. But what endeared me most was that she is a photographer and has a thing for guys in Kilts (well, at least one guy). She also lived in the same town as I did when we were younger. (I'll forgive her for going to the rival school though.) Carolyn and I started to follow her and communicate because we didn't want to feel like we were stalking her.

Picture by Peg Nichols Peter.

I do have to say that she has been an additional inspiration to me. I studied photography years back and actually listened to my instructors instead of my heart and put my camera away. Peg and a few other photographers out there have helped me to rediscover my desire to shoot again. I am still learning about digital and have a ways to go. The next big step is to get a DSLR. 

Anyway, I digress. Where was I? Oh yeah, Peg. Peg has a blog. It is called A Kilt and A Camera. It is about "Travel tales, reviews, photos, interviews and crazy goings on. Because you never know what's going to happen." Well, I guess that about sums it up. I can stop here, but I wont. One of the latest things she did was to swing around on some silk. She took these long silk scarves and tied herself up... to the ceiling...and swung around. And it sounds like Brian was quite the trooper.

 
Picture from A Kilt and A Camera.


 Uh... that actually looks like fun, though it would be hard for me not to bellow out like Tarzan as I tried to scoop up Jane and "rescue" her from the headhunters. ("Jane" probably wouldn't see it that way though and would probably hit me with whatever was at hand.) I'd actually be more like George of the Jungle, "Watch out for that treeeeee"... SPLAT!!!




I digress again. If you want to see some great pictures and find out what it is like to travel through other countries then go visit Peg on A Kilt and a Camera.

Until tomorrow... Enjoy the journey...
Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment